Saturday 14 May 2011

Construction site!

Under construction! Beware falling scaffolding and changing scenery.  I am playing around with templates and widgets, everything is a bit hit and miss at the moment.
And since this is a blog meant to record my reading, I thought I should list my limited reading so far this year, a short list:
  1. Soulless by Gail Carriger
  2. The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry
  3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
  4. We Are the Weather Makers by Tim Flannery (a re-read)
  5. Grace by Morris Gleitzman
  6. Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver
  7. Maskerade by Terry Pratchett
  8. The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett
  9. A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood
  10. A Week in December by Sabastian Faulks
And numerous false starts on a number of books.  I used to read a huge number of books each year  but over the last 12 months or so I seem to have lost the ability to concentrate somewhat,  (stress). Touch wood that seems to be slowly improving and reading seems to be returning as an activity of choice.  Reading really is integral to my existence as much as eating, drinking or breathing, so this extended reading rut has been somewhat depressing to say the least. So this new blog marks a return to reading pleasure and blogging and while my reading for the year so far has been a bit slow hopefully it will improve, perhaps it is not unreasonable to aim for a book a week, or at least a book a month at worst, and hopefully a whole lot more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment